Step 1: Create a new Forum
- Go to Admin in the left-hand sidebar
- Click Forum setup from the menu or from the sidebar
- Click New, and Create a blank forum
- Fill in your forum details (see screenshot below) and use the question mark tool-tips for more guidance on what to write
- Scroll down and choose your social Settings like Named or anonymous, Private or public, etc.
- Enter your demographic questions for the Participant Survey (if one is being used)
- Hit Save
Step 2: Create your new Discussions
- A forum consists of 2-3 Discussions around the sub-topics you'd like participants to discuss.
- To create them, stay in the Admin tab, and click Manage discussions in the sidebar
- Click New
- Fill in your summary, description, and add an image (400 x 190px recommended).
- You can preview the Discussion header at the top of the page as you edit the fields.
- Hit Save
- Repeat this process for all your sub-topics
Step 3: Set your Facilitator Alerts
- Click Back to Discussion in the sidebar
- On the top bar, click Facilitator Alert Settings
- Under Emotions, select which emotions you'd like to be notified about (Recall this is how participants self-nominate their mood, which you can track across the forum)
- Under Bad language alerts, we've added some restricted words and profanity by default, but you can add, delete or edit them to suit your organization and group of participants.
- Under Key word alerts, add bosses' names, acronyms, email addresses, office locations or any other words that might be relevant to your organization. Our algorithms will notify you if participants use them.
- Once your forum kicks off and people start commenting, any flagged behavior will show up in your Notifications, which can be accessed via the sidebar.
Step 4: Add Resources to your forum
- At the bottom of your Forum Summary or forum home page, click Add new in the Resources section
- Add a name and description to the resource, choose the Discussion you'd like it to be in, and the type of resource
- Upload or embed your resource
- Hit Save