This article shows you how to add a Vimeo or YouTube video to a Discussion. This is done from the Forum home page. If it's your own video, you will need access to the administration settings on the YouTube or Vimeo account. If it's someone else's video, it needs to allow sharing via embedding.
The steps are:
- Create a Plaetos Discussion within the forum where you want to share and discuss the video content (or, decide which existing discussion you will add the video to).
- Upload the video you want to embed to YouTube or Vimeo (if you haven't already). Set the video to Unlisted.
- From the Vimeo or YouTube website, find the embed code. For Vimeo, copy the nine digit numeric code from within the embed code, e.g. 430288147; for YouTube, copy the alphanumeric code after "youtu.be/" e.g. oqKRYtfZ8G8.
- Navigate to the home page of the Plaetos forum where you want to use the video.
- At the bottom of the Forum home page, next to Resources, click "+Add new", which will open up a New Resource form.
- On this New Resource form:
(a) Give the video a name and description.
(b) Under "Discussion" select the Discussion where you want to add the video from the drop-down list. If you haven't created that Discussion yet, close the form, create the Discussion then return to this step.
(c) Select the Type of Resource - in this case it will be one of the video embeds.
(d) Paste the code you have copied from the embed code (as described above) into the box at the end of the YouTube or Vimeo video code field.
Click "Add" and your video should appear below. Click "Save" and you will find the video just above the Comment Box on the relevant Discussion.