You create extra hosts by inviting them and then changing their permissions in the Admin area.
To do this you need to be a Host with Platform level permissions. If you are the first Host created (e.g. if you have requested the Plaetos account) then you will automatically have these permissions.
To create additional Hosts, follow these steps:
- From any Forum Home Page, click on Admin in the side navigation, then on Manage Participants on the page that opens (or in the side navigation of the admin section)
- Under the Manage tab, select "All Forums" in the drop-down list at the top (where it says "Please choose a forum")
- If you have more than 50 participants registered, you can scroll through the list to find the person you are after; or use the search fields to search by email address, first name or last name if you have fewer than 50 people in the database (in which case no entries will show)*
- If you have the person's email address, type the full address into the email address field as shown below. Click Search and this person's details should appear.
- On the right is an Edit box (next to the red "delete" icon). Click on the edit box.
- An Update user permissions window will appear. If you want this person to be a Host of any forum on your account, tick the Platform box, or, if you want them to Host just one or a couple of forums, click the Forum box next to the relevant forum.
Note: Only Platform level hosts can access the Admin area of the platform.
*This is a privacy protection mechanism to obscure the identities of people in anonymous conversations.