Some Plaetos subscriptions include a Participant Survey module that can be used to collect information from participants as they register, or at any time within a conversation. (Note: If you are on an Enterprise Plan using SSO you can bring in demographic data from your Identity Management platform so you may not need to use a survey).
We know you need people data that's useful and actionable. Participant surveys overcome the problem of lack of underlying structure in anonymous conversation data.
Our recommendations for designing Participant Surveys for Anonymous Forums are:
- Use them to collect demographic data that is relevant to understanding the issues you want to explore - don't ask questions just for the sake of collecting information
- Don't ask too many questions - the more you ask the more people will worry about being re-identified through their responses (so 4-5 would be plenty)
- Try not to change the questions between forums (or maintain a standard set of demographic questions). That way you'll be able to draw comparisons between different forums.
- Always provide a "I'd rather not say" option.
Registration surveys commonly collect information about:
- Age bracket
- Department / Division / Faculty
- Language spoken
- Years employed with an organization